Twitter is becoming the place to be for livestreamed lacrosse, as the social network followed up March’s announcement of a pact with the National Lacrosse League with Friday’s news of an agreement with Major League Lacrosse.
Twitter will livestream the MLL Game of the Week during the 2017 season, and its slate consists of 15 regular-season games and two postseason clashes.
The livestreams will be available free-of-charge to logged-in and logged-out Twitter users via mll.twitter.com or @MLL_Lacrosse.
The livestream schedule is (all times ET):
- Saturday, April 29, 6 p.m., Denver Outlaws at New York Lizards
- Saturday, May 6, 7 p.m., Rochester Rattlers at Ohio Machine
- Saturday, May 13, 7 p.m., Rochester at Boston Cannons
- Saturday, May 20, 7 p.m., New York at Boston
- Saturday, May 27, 8:30 p.m., Rochester at Denver
- Saturday, June 3, 8 p.m., Charlotte Hounds at Atlanta Blaze
- Saturday, June 10, 7 p.m., New York at Florida Launch
- Saturday, June 17, 7 p.m., Rochester at New York
- Saturday, June 24, 7 p.m., Chesapeake Bayhawks at Ohio
- Saturday, July 1, 7 p.m., Florida at Atlanta
- Tuesday, July 4, 8:30 p.m., Atlanta at Denver
- Saturday, July 15, 7:30 p.m., New York at Charlotte
- Saturday, July 23, 8 p.m., Ohio at Denver
- Saturday, July 30, 6 p.m., Florida at Boston
- Saturday, Aug. 5, 6 p.m., Atlanta at Boston
- Saturday, Aug. 12, 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., semifinals
Twitter chief operating officer Anthony Noto said in a release announcing the pact:
The popularity of lacrosse continues to grow and there is an appetite for more live video from die-hard fans on Twitter. Collaborating with MLL brings more exciting, fast-paced games to lacrosse fans right on Twitter where the conversation is already happening.
MLL commissioner David Gross added:
Having MLL games streamed live on Twitter is a major step toward improving the accessibility of our great game. We have made a concerted effort in recent years to cater to an audience that relies more and more on digital streaming, and this partnership is the next phase of that effort. We are thrilled to be working with Twitter this season.