Snap Inc. is expanding its Yellow accelerator initiative, adding a new program that supports integrations with Snapchat.
Yellow debuted in May 2018 to help boost creators and entrepreneurs who are building at the intersection of creativity and technology.
Yellow Collabs is a remote, 13-week program for companies that want to work closely with the Snap team to integrate with specific parts of its platform:
- Snap Minis, bite-sized utilities built with HTML5 that work for all Snapchatters on all devices with no installation required.
- Dynamic lenses, which enable brands to customize their augmented reality experiences with dynamically generated fields such as live scores, weather and location.
- Scan, which enables users to hold a finger on the application’s main camera screen to search for relevant content and lenses related to what the camera sees.
- SnapML, which lets developers create their own lens features with neural networks they have trained.
- Other Snap Kit integrations.
Applications for Yellow Collabs are being accepted here, and the program begins Monday, Sept. 21, and runs through Friday, Dec. 18.