Happy Haunting—Live From the Winchester Mystery House, billed as the first-ever Facebook Live haunted house event, will begin at 7 p.m. PT/10 p.m. ET on the Facebook App page, bringing visitors to the 133-year-old Winchester Mystery House, which has been called the most haunted mansion in America.
Comedian Trey Kennedy will host the event, during which visitors can participate in a family-friendly scavenger hunt, chat with paranormal investigators, hear ghost stories and impact the show by suggesting which room to explore next.
Paranormal equipment and 8x cameras will be running throughout the event, and Joan executive creative director Dan Lucey said in a statement, “We can’t guarantee you’ll see a ghost, but we can’t guarantee you won’t.”
Facebook CreativeX and Joan have been working on the social network’s More Together brand campaign for the past year, which focuses on how people can bond over shared interests and experiences via Facebook groups.
While trying to come up with a way to mark Halloween, they decided that the This Old Haunted House group was an ideal vehicle for a safe but suspenseful virtual tour. The Happy Haunting title and use of the Winchester Mystery House came from Joan.
Facebook CreativeX creative director Andrea Mileskiewicz said in a statement, “Creating a live event that allows families and friends to experience something they otherwise couldn’t—and all together even if people are apart—is exactly the type of innovative and fun content we want to provide our community, and also leaning into social formats available to all brand pages in new and fearless ways.”
Joan managing director Sarah Collinson added, “With so many celebrations relegated to the home, the spooky ambience of being out after dark will likely be lost on Halloween this year. On top of that, so many families are struggling financially, so candy, costumes and decorations may not be as feasible for everyone. We wanted to keep the magic alive, and it was exciting to uncover a creative avenue to still have the thrills and chills of the season, but on a platform that provides an accessible way to bring people together.”
- Facebook Creative Experiences creative director: Andrea Mileskiewicz
- Social marketing lead: Jason Bedecarre
- Social marketing managers: Maddy Pagnucco, Amee Shah
- Social community manager: Heather Liggins
- CEO: Lisa Clunie
- Chief creative officer: Jaime Robinson
- Executive creative director: Dan Lucey
- Managing director: Sarah Collinson
- Director of creative services: Becca Patrick
- Head of strategy: Chris Turney
- Creative director: Phillip Cho
- Junior copywriter: Matthew Eckrich
- Account director: Hannah Stein
- Account executive: Raelyn Martin
- Senior strategist: Hannah Lewman
- Junior strategist: Andrew Allen
- Senior designer: Becki Kozel
- Art director interns: Lexie Canario, Katie Gough
- President: Daniel Marin
- Executive producer: Nicole Severi=
- Producer: K.C. Van Elslander
- Editor: Oliver Rivard
- Director: Raul Gasteazoro
- Producer: Lauren Ciell
- Live producer: Zach Sutherland