Data Never Sleeps 5.0, the fifth annual version of Domo’s infographic on what happens on the internet in a single minute, contains statistics including:
- Snapchat users shared 527,760 photos every minute.
- Twitter users tweeted 456,000 times per minute.
- 46,470 Instagram photos are posted each minute.
- More than 120 new professionals join LinkedIn every 60 seconds.
- 694,400 GIFs are sent each minute, up 22 percent from 569,200 in 2016.
- YouTube users watch more than 4.146 million videos per minute.
- Tumblr users publish 74,220 posts every minute.
- 15.2 million text messages are sent per minute, up 334 percent from 3.5 million last year.
- The Weather Channel receives 18 million forecast requests online every minute, up 22 percent from last year.
- Netflix bucked the trend, with viewers watching 20 percent fewer hours per minute than in 2016, at 69,400.
Image of stopwatch courtesy of Spod/iStock.