Dynamic Cover allows Facebook page admins to use the following engagement-boosting tactics on their pages’ cover images:
- Schedule automatic updates to cover images at specific dates and times, such as to coincide with events.
- Schedule automatic updates when pages reach like milestones.
- Use cover images as countdowns to a specific time.
- Launch polls, with the results updated automatically in the cover image.
- Launch contests, with winners seeing their photos appear in the cover image.
Access to all five features is available to page admins for $49.99 per month.
Product manager Jean-Elie Kafrouni said in a press release announcing the rollout of Dynamic Cover:
We wanted to build a new tool that enables brand to engage their fans right on the Timeline, and not in some hidden tab. Linking posts to cover updates is an innovative way to reach this goal: The cover is a great space that is not used enough by brands.
Readers: How important are cover images when you explore pages on Facebook?