The Los Angeles Dodgers travel to Fenway Park Tuesday night to take on the Boston Red Sox in game one of the 2018 World Series, and Twitter said there have been nearly 10 million tweets related to the Major League Baseball playoffs since postseason play began Oct. 2.
MLB and Twitter will team up to livestream two special pre-shows, prior to games two (Wednesday, Oct. 24) and four (Saturday, Oct. 27), featuring highlights, matchup breakdowns and analysis.
Twitter also reminded users of its hashtag-triggered emojis for the World Series, with #Postseason and #WorldSeries unlocking special playoff and Commissioner’s Trophy emojis, along with hashtags for both teams—#Dodgers and #LADetermined for the Dodgers, and #DoDamage and #RedSox for Boston.
The social network said Red Sox pitcher David Price is the most-mentioned World Series player since Oct. 2, with more than 152,000 mentions.
The three most-mentioned Red Sox players were:
- Mookie Betts
- Chris Sale
And the three most-mentioned Dodgers were:
The top-tweeted Red Sox postseason moments were:
- Oct. 18: The Red Sox beat the Houston Astros 4-1 in game five of the American League Championship Series to advance to the World Series.
- Oct. 9: The Red Sox beat the New York Yankees 4-3 in game four of the American League Division Series to advance to the ALCS.
- Oct. 16: Jackie Bradley Jr. hits a grand slam in the top of the eighth inning to give Boston an 8-2 lead over Houston in game 3 of the ALCS.
And the top-tweeted Dodgers postseason moments were:
- Oct. 20: The Dodgers beat the Milwaukee Brewers 5-1 in game seven of the National League Championship Series to advance to the World Series.
- Oct. 20: Puig’s three-run home run in the top of the sixth inning extends Los Angeles’ lead to 5-1.
- Oct. 8: The Dodgers beat the Atlanta Braves 6-2 in game four of the National League Division Series to advance to the NLCS.