Snapchat iOS users (and Android beta users) can now create QR codes called Snapcodes that link to any website.
Snapchat users have been able to create Snapcodes for their profiles on the messaging app since January 2015.
The new feature, which was part of the messaging application’s iOS update Monday, works as follows:
- In the Settings menu, select Snapcodes, and then Create Snapcode.
- Enter the URL that the Snapcode will link to.
- Tap “Create,” and then add an image to the Snapcode, from the site or the device’s camera roll.
- Pinch, rotate and drag the image so that it fits within the Snapcode.
- Save the Snapcode to the camera roll or share it via other social networks.
The links open via a webview within the Snapchat app.
Snapchat users: Will you test out this new feature?