Rawhide, a nonprofit organization that assists at-risk youth in Wisconsin, examined social media users’ obsession with selfies and narcissistic tendencies, and its findings included:
- More people died from taking selfies in 2015 than from shark attacks.
- 55 percent of millennials have taken selfies and shared them via social media.
- 74 percent of all images shared on Snapchat are selfies.
- 1,000 selfies are posted to Instagram every 10 seconds.
- There are 93 million selfies each day, which would represent 2,583,333 rolls of film.
- 19 out of 20 teens have taken selfies.
Readers: How do your habits with selfies mesh with the findings by Rawhide?