Snapchat released its first-ever Snap Chatter monthly trends report, looking at what its 191 million daily users were talking about during May 2018.
The messaging application said 20 percent of its users in the U.S. are between the ages of 13 and 17; 37 percent are 18 through 24; 27 percent are 25 through 34; and 17 percent are 35 and older.
Highlights of the May 2018 Snap Chatter report:
- Ramadan was the top trending topic in Algeria, Belgium, France, Germany, Morocco, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, the United Arab Emirates and the U.K.
- Mother’s Day was tops in the Bahamas, the Dominican Republic, Ghana, India, Jamaica, Mexico and the Netherlands.
- Australia and Canada were captivated by the Royal Wedding.
- The Yanni or Laurel debate dominated in the U.S.
- Other trending topics in the U.S. included Mother’s Day, graduation, Ramadan, Fortnite’s Solo Showdown, the Drake-Pusha T feud, Deadpool 2, National Hospital/Nurses Week, National Doughnut Day and the National Basketball Association Finals and LeBron James.