Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is No. 1 — at least according to Glassdoor, as the social jobs and career community released its list of the 50 highest-rated CEOs, as voted on by employees, and the leader of the social network led the pack.
Zuckerberg earned an approval rate of 99 percent, up 14 percent from last year’s survey, and Glassdoor offered the following quote from a Facebook employee based at the social network’s headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif., as testimony:
An open community from Zuck on down. Mutual trust companywide and sense of community and drive, instilled by our CEO, who we all truly respect.
The rest of the top five CEOs were:
- Bill McDermott and Jim Hagemann Snabe, co-CEOs, SAP, 99 percent.
- Dominic Barton, McKinsey & Co., 97 percent.
- Jim Turley, Ernst & Young, 96 percent.
- John E. Schlifske, Northwestern Mutual, 96 percent.
Other notables from companies related to Facebook on Glassdoor’s list included:
- Larry Page, Google, No. 11, 95 percent.
- Marc Benioff, Salesforce.com, No. 13, 94 percent.
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon, No. 16, 93 percent.
Glassdoor Co-Founder and CEO Robert Hohman said:
While anyone can assume a position in leadership, not everyone garners their employees’ support for how they lead the company. The CEOs who are most successful in gaining employee approval are those who paint a clear vision of what the company is setting out to achieve and how it’s going to get there. To be recognized by your employees as a strong leader also comes as a result of having a solid company culture that helps employees foster the skills necessary to move business forward and meet the needs of customers.