A top retailer and a fast-food joint have produced the most-seen video ads on YouTube this holiday season, according to Socialbakers.
Socialbakers data from Nov. 1 through Dec. 14 shows that Macy’s has the most successful YouTube ad, followed by KFC. The Macy’s ad, “The Wish Writer,” was seen more than 8.1 million times in that time frame. KFC’s “Gifts” video ad gained 6.9 million views.
Ads from Target comprise 4 of the top 10 most-viewed YouTube ads.
Here’s a look at the top 10:
- Macy’s — The Wish Writer (8.1 million views)
- KFC — Gifts (6.9 million)
- Coach — A Holiday Film by Coach (5.5 million)
- Target — The Holiday Odyssey, A Free Digital Storybook (5.4 million)
- H&M — From the Makers of Happy & Merry H&M presents Katy Perry (4.9 million)
- Target — Target 10 Day Deal Forecast (4.6 million)
- Target — Chapter 4 – The Star Wars Chase (3.6 million)
- Tiffany & Co. — A Tiffany Holiday (2.8 million)
- Apple — Someday At Christmas – Stevie Wonder + Andra Day (2.7 million)
- Target — Chapter 3 – Cornucopia (2.1 million)
Socialbakers executive chairman Jan Rezab discussed with SocialTimes the importance of video this holiday shopping season, and how Macy’s has tapped into this power:
Many brands start to get into a rhythm with holiday videos where some consumers even begin to expect and anticipate these ads.
Macy’s for example is a brand that’s so tied to holidays already — it has a huge reputation with the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Brands are putting more and more budget behind their social content — and their video content in particular — and it’s no mistake that we’re seeing retailers top the charts in terms of holiday videos. They’re making sure to invest in producing strong video content and making their videos shareable.
Readers: Which holiday ad is your favorite?