A new year brings new opportunities to grow your audience and deepen your customer relationships on Facebook. Start your first quarter campaigns with the just-released January 2012 edition of the Facebook Marketing Bible: The Comprehensive Guide to Market Your Brand, Company, Product, or Service Inside Facebook.
The Facebook Marketing Bible has enabled thousands of brands, app developers, content publishers, and businesses of all sizes to do more with Facebook, from the basics of creating a winning fan page, to the complexities of social plugin integration on an off-Facebook site.
The web edition of the Facebook Marketing Bible includes detailed resource pages, comprehensive how-to guides, and case studies analyzing today’s most successful marketing and advertising campaigns on Facebook.
Now that Facebook is nearing the 800 million monthly active user mark, there’s never been a better time to reach your target audience through marketing on Facebook.
The January 2012 edition includes updated coverage of the following topics:
- Facebook Insights: All You Need to Know. Facebook updated Insights this fall, and now admins have an even greater wealth of data and metrics to help design successful, cost-effective campaigns. Our “All you need to know” guide includes a detailed walk-through of new Insights features and usage scenarios.
- How Brands Can Use the Subscribe Button to Drive Referral Traffic. While the Subscribe Button is limited to Profiles (and not Pages), it can be an additional source of referral traffic for websites. We include tips on how to leverage the social graph of your organization to build a following from Facebook, and bring it to your product or company site.
- Minimizing Your Facebook Ad CPC Bid Prices by Avoiding Bid Competition. When running ads on Facebook, advertisers must consider more than just creative and targeting to achieve optimal performance at the lowest cost. This guide shows you how to get the most from your Facebook advertising budget.
- How to Use Facebook Hidden Wall and Other Page Moderation Tools to Protect Brand Reputation. Highly engaging Pages can quickly blossom into a valuable community that will raise awareness of the brand through positive word-of-mouth. This is our guide to managing your brand’s reputation on Facebook using the “Hidden Wall” and other Page moderation tools.
- Increasing Virality of your Page’s News Feed Posts Via the Share Button. Making the posts you publish stand out in the Facebook news feed is crucial to maximizing primary key performance metrics such as brand lift, clicks, impressions, Likes, comments, and reposts. This guide provides a walk-through how the View Shares link works, and provide strategies for how you can attain Shares and the benefits they bring for your business.
- Improving Your Facebook Page With Customized Tab Applications. We present a detailed breakdown of ten examples of brands doing innovative work with customized tab apps, and highlight what your business can learn from these top campaigns.
- Gaining Fans with new Facebook features, “Merge Duplicate Pages” and “Invite Friends” to Gain Fans. Facebook has released new features that marketers should know about. These guides detail how to engage your Page’s most dedicated fans while growing your overall fan base.
- How to Manage Critics, “Trolls,” and Spammers on your Facebook Page. How does Facebook change the rules of community management, and how can brands turn critics into positive opportunities for dialogue? We look at real examples and provide a step-by-step guide for Page admins.
- How to Sync Your Facebook Page Updates With Your Twitter Profile — and Why You Shouldn’t. How do Facebook and Twitter differ, and when is customization needed? This guide compares and contrasts the unique strengths of each platform and shows you how to get the most from both.
- Commenting for Facebook marketers, a guide that shows you how to make the most out of public, and highly visible, conversations with your fans on Facebook.
- Bringing the storefront to your Facebook Page, a breakdown of key features for storefront applications that bring sales transactions directly to your Page.
- Our guide to the Facebook Send button that details Facebook’s latest addition to its social plugins.
- Facebook applications versus offsite integrations and what works best for marketing your business or brand.
- Our detailed style and strategy guide to Facebook’s Like button that helps you identify the right design for your off-Facebook content site.
- An overview of Graph API meta tags and how they enable you to maximize the value of your implemented Like buttons.
- Facebook Applications, Social Plugins, Connect and Instant Personalization — details on how to use the wide variety of options available for engaging Facebook users.
- Updates to Facebook Questions, and how recent changes to this user-facing feature will affect your approach to brand marketing through this ‘no-cost’ channel.
- Strategies to help you navigate Facebook’s recent major Page redesign, whether you’re representing a major brand, small business, or public figure.
- Facebook’s expanding options for advertisers, and how any advertiser can get more from new features like Sponsored Stories, self-specified landing tabs, and more.
- The latest featured Facebook’s campaigns that show you how other brands are testing Facebook’s evolving marketing opportunities.
- New frontiers in brand and performance marketing on Facebook, including opportunities within social games.
- Facebook Places and Deals, the company’s evolving location-based feature that presents new marketing opportunities for businesses both on and offline.
- Facebook Groups, a new way for users to connect and collaborate with others who share their interests and affiliations, and new ideas for marketing with Groups on Facebook.
- Facebook’s latest advertising guidelines updates and what they mean for advertisers throughout the ecosystem.
- Audience growth and engagement, including best practices for holding on to fans, keeping marketing channels open, and re-engaging your audience on Facebook.
- Plus, comprehensive walk-throughs of Facebook’s tools for advertisers, web content publishers, and Page administrators.
Learn more about the January 2012 edition of the Facebook Marketing Bible at FacebookMarketingBible.com.
Table of Contents excerpted from the full January 2012 Edition
Recent Featured Facebook Campaigns
- Zynga, Farmers Insurance, and Nokia
- Pepsi and SavingStar, Banana Republic, Tabasco, and Honda
- Food Network, Pizza Hut, Coca-Cola and Cost Plus
- Alamo Rent A Car, National Geographic Channel and Fox
- Craftsman, Unilever and FarmVille Chinese, American Express and El Pollo Loco
- Bucca di Beppo, Bissell, Bank of the West and the NBA
- Coca-Cola, Qatar Ariways, Clearasil and Esurance
- Marriott Resorts, The National Guard, Discover Boating, Bravo, and Nike
Building Your Brand through Facebook Pages
- Facebook vs Twitter – What’s Different, What’s The Same And Why Smart Marketers Use Both
- Page Destination Tab Ad Campaign Strategies
- Facebook Pages and Public Profiles
- The Profile Page – A Walk-Through
Designing Your Facebook Page
- Improving Your Facebook Page With Customized Tab Applications: 10 Examples
- Facebook Page Redesign 2011: Marketing Stategies and Best Practices
- The Wall Tab for Making Pages Dynamic and Viral
- How to Choose a Landing ‘Tab’ for your Facebook Page
- Adding Custom Modules to Your Page
Communicating Through Your Facebook Page
- How Brands Can Use Facebook’s Subscribe Button to Drive Referral Traffic to Their Website
- How to Sync Your Facebook Page Updates With Your Twitter Profile — and Why You Shouldn’t
- How to Get Facebook Users to Like Your Page: The First Step to Engagement
- How Your Business Should Reply To Facebook Comments
- Demographic Targeting for Status Updates
- How to Avoid Having Your Page, Open Graph Object, or Application Unliked, Removed, Muted, or Blacklisted
Growing Your Fan Base and More Ways to Promote Your Facebook Page
- Gaining More Fans With Facebook’s New “Merge Duplicate Pages” Feature
- How Facebook Pages Can Use “Invite Friends” to Gain Fans
- How Brands Can Advertise within Social Games
- The Basics of Status Updates for Pages
- Increase Engagement and Insight through Status Tagging
- How to Grow Your Page’s Audience through Page Invitations
- SMS Subscription Service for Pages
- Branded Virtual Gifts on Facebook Pages for Viral Advertising
Advanced Strategies for Facebook Pages
- How Top Brands Conduct Ecommerce on Facebook: Best Practices
- Facebook Ecommerce: What Features Are Important in a Page Storefront Application
- The Best Facebook Page Strategies and the Pages That Use Them
- Strategy: How to Promote Your Page in 6 Steps
- Marketing Strategy: 4 Reasons Why Marketers Should Invest in Pages Before Groups
- 10 Key SEO Strategies Every Facebook Page Owner Should Know
- 8 Best Practices for Retailers on Facebook
- Marketers Actively Bidding for Generic Facebook Pages
The Facebook Open Graph for Marketers and Content Publishers
- How to Use Facebook Open Graph Apps for Marketing Through the Ticker and Timeline
- The Like Button Style Guide: How to Pick the Design That’s Right for Your Website
- How to Choose Open Graph Tags That Maximize the Value of Your Like Buttons
- Facebook Connect Integration Best Practices from the Platform Showcase
- Implementation Options: Like Button
- Facebook CTO Bret Taylor Discusses the Open Graph
More Ways to Market on Facebook: Questions, Places, and Deals
- How Pages Can Use the Relaunched Facebook Questions Product
- How to Create a Deal with Facebook Deals
- The Places We’ll Go: How marketers can use Facebook’s new location features
- Facebook Questions – A Walk-Through
- How Marketers Can Get The Most Out Of Facebook Questions
- Groups and SEO – a Quick Overview
Advertising on Facebook
- Page Destination Tab Ad Campaign Strategies
- Sponsored Stories Ads: Walk-Through and Marketing Campaign Strategies
- Facebook Ads: Read Before You Get Started
- Facebook Ads – A Walk-Through
- The Facebook Ads Manager
- Facebook Self-Serve Ad Types: Page Ads
- Facebook Self-Serve Ad Types: Event Ads
Ads Targeting on Facebook
- 10 Powerful Targeting Methods Facebook Ads Every Performance Advertiser Should Know
- Friends of Connections Targeting
- Facebook Ads: Language Targeting
- 4 Connection Targeting Tests Every Advertiser Should Run
- From Keyword Targeting to People Targeting: Understanding Performance Advertising with Facebook’s Tim Kendall
- Time Scheduling
Tools and How-Tos for Marketers
- Facebook “Insights” Metrics Dashboard for Page Managers
- Using Third Party Tools to Manage Your Facebook Page
- How Page Owners Can Restrict Content for Underage Users
- How to Export Your Facebook Page Updates to Twitter
Policies, Privacy, and Guidelines to Watch
- Promotional/Sweepstakes Policies for Facebook Pages
- The Future of Sharing on Facebook: A Hybrid Public/Private Model
- Facebook’s Guidelines for Promoting Pages Outside Facebook
Join the Facebook Marketing Bible at FacebookMarketingBible.com