The Women’s National Basketball Association and Oculus From Facebook will tip off their multiyear partnership, revealed earlier this week, with a 20-game regular-season slate to be livestreamed on Oculus Venues and Facebook Watch.
The schedule follows:
- Wednesday, Aug. 19: Dallas Wings at Minnesota Lynx, 9 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 20: Seattle Storm at Indiana Fever, 8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 21: Washington Mystics at Wings, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 23: Wings at Los Angeles Sparks, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 23: Phoenix Mercury at Mystics, 8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 28: Lynx at Atlanta Dream, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 30: Mercury at Lynx, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 30: Dream at Sparks, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1: Fever at Dream, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1: Mercury at Las Vegas Aces, 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 2: Lynx at Chicago Sun, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 3: Fever at Mercury, 10 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 4: Lynx at Wings, 8 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 4: Storm at Sparks, 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 5: Connecticut Sun at Fever, 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 5: Aces at Dream, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 6: Storm at Lynx, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 9: Mercury at Sun, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 11: Dream at Sun, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 12: Mystics at New York Liberty, 4 p.m.
Facebook director of sports media and league partnerships Rob Shaw said in a statement, “When we discussed WNBA marketing opportunities, we wanted to make sure that our investment helped connect the league with its current and future generation of fans. This sponsorship achieves that, as people around the world will now be able to experience and engage with the WNBA and its incredible players like never before on Oculus and Facebook Watch.”
WNBA commissioner Cathy Engelbert added, “We are excited to partner with Facebook and Oculus to provide fans a new and truly immersive experience to view WNBA games this season and beyond. Providing more opportunities to view WNBA games on innovative platforms will drive expanded coverage to our growing fan base and, combined with our other broadcast partners, will help sculpt the future landscape of the fan experience.”