The Nerd Machine, a company and website founded by Zachary Levi of Chuck, went with Los Angeles firm 48 Communications to produce its NerdHQ event for the fifth straight year. The event, which begins today in San Diego at The New Children’s Museum, will probably not succeed in answering the question “Why didn’t more people watch Chuck?”
- Maryland’s Maroon PR will work with Minneapolis-based restaurants Famous Dave’s and Carluccio’s to handle everything from media relations to paid placements and partnerships.
- Affect PR of New York will rep CorporateRewards, maker of such “incentive and reward” software platforms as WorkStride.
- New York-based Pace Public Relations signed several new clients: New Jersey’s “premier golf networking organization” World Golf Network; pregnancy specialist Dr. Denise Jagroo; TV show The Security Brief, which deals with home and personal security issues; and several others who we don’t have time to write.
- Pinkston Group, a firm based in Alexandria, Virginia, was retained by Reputation Institute, a leading research and advisory firm. Pinkston looks to amplify Reputation’s reputation by spreading the message that “reputation not only matters, but can be managed.” It’s like they majored in communications.
- Orlando’s Uproar PR signed Monticello Vineyards as its newest client. The runners of the “family-owned vineyard and winery in Napa Valley, California” have no thoughts on whether a prominent woman should replace Thomas Jefferson on the $20 bill.
- Choice Media & Communications of Nashville signed a few new clients: Atlanta-based retailer Glory Haus (which sells products by Duck Dynasty/Dancing with the Stars personality Sadie Robertson); Elevate Publishing’s IT’S MY Pleasure: The Impact of Extraordinary Talent and a Compelling Culture, written by Chick-fil-A’s Vice President of Corporate Talent Dee Ann Turner; and several other books.
- MWW of New Jersey will support the launch of the Waterfront Conference Center for Harrah’s Atlantic City, which thankfully has nothing to do with anyone named Donald Trump.