Snapchat Thursday announced the launch of 3-D Bitmoji World Lenses.
The messaging application rolled out 3-D graphics for lenses in April, with advertisers including Warner Bros., Netflix and Dunkin’ Donuts beginning to use the feature in Sponsored World Lenses the following month.
The feature will launch Thursday for iOS and Android users who have created Bitmoji and linked their Bitmoji apps to Snapchat.
Users who have done so can:
- Tap the rear-facing Snapchat camera screen in order to unlock 3-D Bitmoji World Lenses in the app’s Lens carousel.
- Point the Snap camera at a surface to place their Bitmoji and animate it with short scenes.
- 3-D Bitmoji World Lenses will appear in the Lens carousel alongside face and World Lenses, and they can be identified via icons that represent each scene.
- Animated scenes can be “directed” by scaling, moving or walking around 3-D experiences.
- Once complete, 3-D Bitmoji can be sent directly to friends or added to Snapchat Stories.
Snapchat originally added support for Bitmoji in July 2016.