The professional network used its LinkedIn Business Insights tool to divide its advice by job type, high-growth companies and employee longevity at companies, and it shared the following nuggets:
- Airbnb is on an engineer hiring spree. The company increased headcount in its engineering organization by more than 50 percent. See current Airbnb job openings here.
- Uber is upping its engineering game, growing its engineering organization by just over 30 percent in the past year, with more than 300 engineering roles open now.
- Amazon is also a great place to look if you’re an engineer. The engineering team has grown by more than 25 percent in the past year. Take a look at Amazon’s open engineering roles.
- Amazon strikes again: Its sales department has grown by more than 20 percent in the past year. Explore open sales roles at Amazon here.
- Facebook and Salesforce have both increased sales headcount by 12 percent, and there are roles open now. View open jobs at Facebook and Salesforce.
- If you’re a marketer who wants to work at Salesforce, you’re in luck. The marketing department grew by nearly 25 percent in the past year, and it is still hiring for more than 200 positions right now.
- Under Armour is looking for smart people. In fact, the company is currently looking for more than 100 marketers, continuing the growth trend in the marketing organization, which grew 15 percent last year.
- Pandora’s marketing department is on the rise, growing nearly 10 percent in the last year. This could be your opportunity to break into the music biz. See its open jobs.
If you want to work at a high-growth company …
- Uber is growing at a breakneck pace. Overall, the company grew more than 20 percent in the past year, largely within its operations, engineering and marketing organizations. Operations is the fastest-growing department within the company, expanding nearly 25 percent in the past year alone (91 percent growth rate over the past two years). Currently, there are more than 3,400 roles open at Uber.
- Amazon has grown 18 percent in the past year, and it boasts an impressive 35 percent growth rate over the past two years. Hiring tends to be the highest between the months of May and October, so now is a great time to apply. There are more than 16,000 open roles at Amazon in the U.S. alone, so chances are there’s something for you.
- If you’ve got your eye on Facebook, get your resume ready. The company has grown 16 percent in the past year, and it is still hiring like crazy, with over 900 roles open in the U.S. Outside of engineering, sales and marketing, the human resources team is growing rapidly, doubling in size over the past year.
If you’re looking to stay a while …
- The average tenure at Coca-Cola is nearly eight years, and there are quite a few departments on the rise within the company, including business development, accounting and marketing. And if your interests lie in social issues, you’re in good company; leading issues employees at Coca-Cola care about include education, environment, children and human rights. See Coca-Cola’s jobs now.
- Nordstrom follows close behind, with an average tenure of just over five years. Interestingly enough, the company is looking for talent with technical skills. In the past six months, its fastest-growing department has been engineering, and it is still hiring.
- Starbucks roots its culture in making a change in its community, which may explain why employees stay on average nearly five years. The company is looking for finance and sales talent, so if this sounds like you, apply today to one of the more than 500 Starbucks jobs available on LinkedIn.