Wishing for a Really Big Trip

If women are from Venus, they’re in no rush to get home. An ABC News/Good Morning America survey asked adults whether they’d like to travel in outer space if they got the chance. While 54 percent of men said they’d like to go, just 25 percent of women said the same. In a breakdown by age, 56 percent of 18-34-year-olds said they’d blast off if they got the chance, vs. 19 percent of those 65 and older.

Among people who’d like a ride in outer space, 27 percent would go only if a ticket cost less than $1,000. Another 26 percent would go if the price were under $10,000. Just 19 percent said they’d be willing to spend $20,000 or more for such a jaunt. Considering what it costs to fly to some boring places via business class, prospective space travelers seem like a bunch of cheapskates.