The media business may be changing on a nearly weekly basis, but one constant that will always matter as long as advertising survives is the Big Idea. This year's group of winning plans embodies the best of those ideas, and execute across the gamut of media options available to marketers and their media agencies. Some of those ideas even shun the notion of a "campaign," but all place their client in the best position to succeed. The results spelled out in the following stories offer proof that media still works. And Adweek will always be here to celebrate and honor such stellar work.
A big thanks to all the jurors who dedicated time and effort to judging this year's record number of Media Plan of the Year entries. If you're interested in serving as a juror in 2017, please contact Kym Blanchard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sasha Savic (chair), MediaCom
• Karen Benson, Deutsch N.Y.
• Justine Bloome, Carat USA
• Charlie Fiordalis, Media Storm
• Kathy Kline, Starcom USA
• Ralph Pardo, OMD East
• Adam Puchalsky, UM Studios
• Rob Reifenheiser, Essence
• Lynda Richardson, Eleven
• Daniel Sheniak, Wieden + Kennedy
• Baba Shetty, Invisible Science
• Cindy Stockwell, Trilia
• Jade Watts, MullenLowe MediaHub
• Shoshana Winter, Vizeum U.S.