AT&T & Alcatel-Lucent Mystery "Glitch"

If AT&T’s goal is to appear mysterious, they have succeeded with the information they provided to a Bloomberg reporter:

AT&T Begins Fix for Glitch That Slowed Some IPhones

Here are the mystery items:

1. “Fix for a glitch” that caused slower speeds – What was the glitch?
2. “in some areas of the U.S.” – Which areas?
3. “iPhone 4 and other devices” – Which other devices?
4. “fewer than 2% of its wireless customers” – what makes these customers different from the other 98%

Hey, AT&T! How about a few details to provide some closure for the 1.8 million affected customers?