Aylward Takes Reins at BE&P

With its employee buyout complete, Barkley Evergreen & Partners elevated company president Scott Aylward to chief executive officer.

Aylward succeeds Bill Fromm in the position. Fromm, one of the founders of the 37-year old agency, will remain chairman.

With the promotion, Brian Brooker will assume more responsibility over the advertising agency. Brooker joined the Kansas City, Mo., shop last February as chief creative officer and president of the advertising division.

“With him able to assume more presidential responsibilities at the agency, it will put more emphasis on the product,” Aylward said. “I would expect the agency to become more creative-centric.”

Joining Aylward and Brooker in managing the company will be public relations division president Mike Swenson and Terry Oehrke, president of Digital Evergreen, BE&P’s interactive agency.

“They each reflect different billings and revenue streams, but those [groups] are equally important,” Aylward said. “I think it makes a lot of sense to have a president for each division in management.”

In 1998, Fromm sold 45 percent of the $300 million agency to the employees with intention of selling the remaining 55 percent by 2003. The shop’s employee stock ownership plan purchased those shares in January.