Briefs

WPP Unit Buys Stake in Market-Research Firm

London-based WPP unit Kantar Media Research has acquired a 40 percent stake in Marktest Investimentos, a Lisbon-based market-research firm. The remaining 60 percent of its share capital stays in the hands of shareholders, who will continue to manage the group.

War Clouds Economic Indicators in March

Reflecting concerns over the Iraqi conflict, the index of leading economic indicators fell in March for the second consecutive month, according to The Conference Board. The New York industry group said its measurement of how the economy will perform over the next three to six months dropped 0.2 percent last month after falling 0.5 percent in February.