Today, Mashable reported that Comedy Central icon Stephen Colbert is a front-runner to replace David Letterman on CBS' Late Show. Only time will tell if there's truth to the speculation, but it's left us wondering about what would happen if such a transition came to pass. And, of course, we had to put it in the form of a Top 10 list.
10. Conan O'Brien would explode.
8. John Michael Higgins would stand a chance of appearing on the show.
7. CBS's highest-profile employee would be a man who once told off a sitting president in front of the D.C. press corps.
5. Probably not as prominently, though.
4. #CancelColbert could declare victory.
3. The time for The Bee Buzz might arrive.
2. All of New York would agree to do Colbert spur-of-the-moment favors. Oh, wait, that already happens.
1. The show would maintain continuity in terms of the level of respect showed to Bill O'Reilly: