Save 50% on your Social Media Week pass! Join leading brands and agencies in NYC this April 9–11 to learn about emerging trends, tools and strategies. Register now—savings expire Dec. 11.
In this episode, Cathy Hackl and guest host Lee Kebler discuss Hackl’s visit on opening night to The Sphere in Las Vegas which launches the duo into a discussion about artificial intelligence and the music industry. Hackl and Lee discuss the ethics of using lyrics to train AI and Kebler talks about innovation in the music industry. Plus, is it a fad or the future?
Hackl and Kebler pivot back to The Sphere in Las Vegas and its role in immersive experiences drawing from Cathy’s first-hand experience being on the ground on opening day. Hackl and Kebler discuss if venues like The Sphere can bring young people to Las Vegas and if brands can re-use the immersive content they create for the structure. Hackl and Kebler give their thoughts on whether immersive structures are the future.
Artificial intelligence is the theme of this week’s episode. Hackl and Kebler discuss Apple and AI. Recent articles claim Apple has fallen behind in generative AI but is that true? Hackl discusses The Vision Pro being a big part of Apple’s AI play and how brands need to see the bigger picture when it comes to spatial computing because AI is part of spatial computing and spatial computing can’t exist without AI.
This week’s guest interview is with David Armano. Armano is the Senior Director at Soul Machines. Hackl and Armano talk about AI, the future of work, and the culture behind tying one’s identity to their career.
Producer Lily Snyder joins the show for a Dispatch from the Fringe. In this segment, Snyder shares the weirdest story in tech this week and this week’s story is Halloween-themed! Hackl and Kebler talk about Five Nights at Freddy’s (FNAF) and the indie game and lore that led to the new FNAF movie.
- 6:41 – 9:10 – What we did last week: Hackl visits The Sphere in Las Vegas. Kebler attends the Augmented Enterprise Summit.
- 9:11 – 20:07 – AI and the music industry: The ethics behind using lyrics to train AI. Using AI artists to mimic real people and pushing the boundaries of musical innovation.
- 20:08 – 32:41 – The Vegas Sphere. The outside of The Sphere displayed ads for Microsoft and Sony during TwitchCon. Cathy gives us her first-hand account of seeing The Sphere on opening night. Can brands and artists repurpose their Sphere content?
- 32:42 – 38:34 – AI and Apple: Is Apple playing catch up on generative AI? Kebler thinks so. He thinks Apple is always one step ahead, they just don’t show their cards.
- 39:23 – 57:30 – Guest Interview with David Armano: Kebler interviews David Armano, senior director at Soul Machines about AI and Armano’s perspective on the future of work.
- 57:43 1:00:50 – Dispatch from the Fringe with Producer Lily Snyder: Genetically modified silkworms produce bionic spider silk. It’s a spiderverse out there!
- 1:00:51 – 1:03:18 – What Hackl and Kebler are dressing up as for Halloween and the new FNAF movie.