It doesn't matter who you are—there's a Honda Civic for you. That's the message of RPA's entertaining new ads for Honda, which broke Wednesday. To prove the point, they've assembled the most motley cast of Civic drivers imaginable. The five characters in the new campaign are:
• The zombie, Mitch, a salesman who's into high-tech gadgets. His Civic Sedan is loaded with options like Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and navigation system with FM Traffic.
• The urban woodsman, Jack, who lives in the city but is at home in the woods. He likes his Hybrid for its great fuel efficiency, which comes in handy on his many trips to the great outdoors.
• The ninja, Aiko, who's cute, innocent and deadly. A martial-arts phenom who's partial to red licorice and arcade games, she pairs well with the high-energy performance of the Si model.
• Cesar, the champion luchador (aka Mexican wrestler), who's somewhat of a celebrity. He's handsome, charming and a bit vain so he, of course, appreciates the Civic Coupe's sleek lines.
• The monster, Teeny, a bubbly and studious college coed. Her practical nature and frugal budget align with the fuel-efficient HF model.
Each of them is getting his or her own spot. The zombie, woodsman and ninja spots are posted below, along with a combo spot. The luchador and monster spots are forthcoming. This whole campaign is pretty wonderful—humorous but packed with product features, and with wonderful details throughout.