This week’s casting roundup includes Netflix’s unnamed Arnold Schwarzenegger spy adventure series, the streamer’s coming-of-age romantic series My Life with the Walter Boys, Apple TV+’s comedy series Shrinking and Idris Elba‘s next role.
- Nine actors join Schwarzenegger and previously announced female star Monica Barbaro in an unnamed Netflix spy adventure series. Travis Van Winkle, Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Jay Baruchel, Milan Carter, Fabiana Udenio, Barbara Eve Harris, Aparna Brielle and Andy Buckley are among those cast as series regulars. This is Schwarzenegger’s debut TV series role.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel promotes Reid Scott to series regular for the fifth and final season of the Prime Video show. Scott portrays Ford, a fake talk show presenter.
- In Apple TV+’s thriller Hijack, Idris Elba plays lead Sam Nelson, a skilled business negotiator who utilizes his deception to save the lives of passengers aboard a hijacked plane headed for London.
- Matilda Lawler has joined the cast of Disney+’s The Santa Clause. She is the latest performer to join Tim Allen, Elizabeth Mitchell and Kal Penn in the series.
- Netflix has cast its coming-of-age romantic series My Life with the Walter Boys, based on Ali Novak‘s popular Wattpad novel. Sarah Rafferty, Marc Blucas, Noah LaLonde, Ashby Gentry, Connor Stanhope, Johnny Link, Corey Fogelmanis, Zo Soul and Jaylan Evans star alongside Nikki Rodriguez as Jackie Howard.
- Michael Urie, Luke Tennie and Lukita Maxwell join previously announced performers Jason Segel, Harrison Ford, Jessica Williams and Christa Miller in the primary cast of Apple TV+’s comedy series Shrinking.