The report showed that the top 20 Super Bowl ads on YouTube from 2008 through 2016 have accounted for more than 440 million minutes of total watch time. YouTube determined the top 20 ads based on their views in January and February of the year in which they were originally released.
YouTube said the share of Super Bowl ads that are released on the platform before the “Big Game” increased by more than 200 percent from 2008 to 2016, adding that 90 percent of the ads in the top 20 were shared on YouTube before the Super Bowl in their year.
Elsewhere, YouTube found that some ads remain popular long after the Big Game is over. Specifically, three Super Bowl ads—Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Could Smell Like” from 2010, Ram Trucks’ “Farmer” from 2013 and GoPro and Red Bull’s “Red Bull Stratos–The Full Story” from 2014—were collectively viewed more than 5 million times in 2016. In total, these three ads have over 92.5 million lifetime views on YouTube.
Outside of the U.S., YouTube said Super Bowl ad viewership on its platform has increased by more than 28 times since 2008. In 2016, the three countries outside of the U.S. that watched the most Super Bowl ads on YouTube were the U.K., Canada and Russia.
Here’s the complete list of the top 20 Super Bowl ads on YouTube from 2008 to 2016.
- Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial – “Puppy Love” (2014)
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official TV Commercial) (2015)
- The Force: Volkswagen Commercial (2011)
- 2015 Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial “Lost Dog” | Budweiser #BestBuds (2015)
- #Pokemon20: Pokemon Super Bowl Commercial (2016)
- Mtn Dew Kickstart: Puppymonkeybaby | Super Bowl Spot (2016)
- Duracell: Trust Your Power – NFL’s Derrick Coleman, Seattle Seahawks (2014)
- Bud Light Super Bowl XLIX Commercial – Real Life PacMan #UpForWhatever (2015)
- #KimsDataStash | T-Mobile Commercial (2015)
- BMW i3 2015 Big Game Commercial – Newfangled Idea (2015)
- “Transactions” Extended Version – 2012 Acura NSX Big Game Ad #JerrysNSX (2012)
- 2014 Super Bowl XLVIII Ad | “Ian Up For Whatever” Full Film | Bud Light (2014)
- 2014 Volkswagen Game Day Commercial: Wings (2014)
- McDonald’s: Super Bowl XLIX Pay With Lovin’ (2015)
- “Wish Granted” Starring Kelly Cuoco [2013 Big Game Commercial] | 2013 Toyota RAV4 (2013)
- First Date – Hyundai Super Bowl Commercial | The Hyundai Genesis (2016)
- Official Ram Trucks Super Bowl Commercial “Farmer” (2013)
- SNICKERS – “The Brady Bunch” (2015)
- The Dog Strikes Back: 2012 Volkswagen Game Day Commercial (2012)
- Volkswagen Game Day 2013 Commercial | Get In. Get Happy. (2013)
Check out YouTube’s complete report here.