Facebook’s carousel ad format has been popular among its advertisers, and the social network shared seven tips for brands looking to tap into carousel ads.
The seven tips from Facebook were:
- Tell a story: Rather than simply sharing multiple product images, think about “linking images together in a panorama to share a bigger story.”
- Use thumb-stopping creative: Remember that the main image or video is the first thing Facebook users see.
- Imply continuation: Use images that tease users into feeling the “need to complete” viewing the ad.
- Develop creative consistency: Facebook suggests making sure that every image within a carousel ads shares similar visual styles, including lighting, colors and composition.
- Don’t forget the copy: While Facebook as a whole and carousel ads in particular are a visual medium, text is important, too.
- Demonstrate brand identity: Brand identity should be part of the visual execution for the ads, and more so for smaller brands.
- Get people to act: Include prominent calls to action.
More details on these tips are available in a Facebook for Business post, which also contained links to industry-specific best practices for carousel ads for the following sectors:
- Fast-moving consumer goods
- Financial services
- Retail and e-commerce
- Technology and telecommunications
Facebook advertisers: Have you tried carousel ads? What have your experiences been like?