You could own the real Snickers ad costume
Gaze upon it in horror, ye mortals, for that is the original costume worn in the shiver-inducing Snickers Halloween spot shown below. Best of all, you can even place a bid on the outfit in the charity auction hosted by Clothes Off Our Back, as long as you hustle. The deadline is midnight Oct. 28, and proceeds go to the hunger-relief charity Feeding America. "The robe is very large with a leopard print. The mask was custom made for this commercial, so it's one-of-a-kind," the auction description states. "This is your chance to be a hit at Halloween parties, and donate to a great cause." The current bid is $250, which surely will be eclipsed as word gets around that such a fine bit of horrifying ad memorobilia is up for grabs. Big thanks to AdFreak reader Jay for the tip. UPDATE: Helloooo, Mrs. Jensen! It sold for $1,900.
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.