Opposable thumbs are overrated
Note to CareerBuilder: Monkeys are soooooo over. Guniea pigs—the species that made its first notable ad appearance in Doner’s Blockbuster spots—are poised for a comeback after earning some underground cred in a series of viral ads for Egg Financial. In the ads, a community of working class GPs test out new credit cards for the UK Internet bank. Not convinced? Check out Musearts’ Guinea Pig Theater, which offers a pathos-filled rendition of Romeo and Juliet (right) as well as an interactive Sound of Music rehearsal. Trying to get eight cartoon guinea pigs to warble “Doe a deer,” may give you a new appreciation for your third-grade music teacher. Thanks to MilkandCookies and DevilDucky for the links.
—Posted by Deanna Zammit
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.