Litter Genie's Drugged-Out Kitties Are Back, and They're Hotter Than Ever And look, a product demo as well
If it were easy to create a branded video that's smart and delightful, and at the same time completely on message, everybody would be doing it. But they're not. Looking at you, Coca-Cola. The folks at JWT in New York, on the other hand, are on to something with their music-infused Litter Genie series. Never lost among the popular singing and dancing felines is the brand promise: Your house will not smell like a cattery. Gimme! The latest ad slow-jams its way through lyrics such as, "Your night just got better … I'm a four-legged love letter," from a velvety voiced gray tabby. Did Barry White have cats? In keeping with the genre, the video is rife with top-shelf alcohol, bling and bedroom eyes. Plus, there's an explanation of how the product works, to the strains of "refilling you with five-layered bags … blocking odors so no one gags." The previous two videos have gotten some 2.5 million online views. The new one also has a Twitter add-on, where consumers can rap back and forth with the handsome star cat-about-town to benefit the Best Friends Animal Society. (Note: He rhymes furry with curry.) Go kitty, go kitty! Credits below.
Client: Litter Genie
Spot: "Me Luvz Mahselfz"
Agency: JWT, New York
Director: Keith Schofield
Production Company: Caviar, Los Angeles
Postproduction: Final Cut, New York; The Mill, New York
Editing House: Final Cut, New York
Music House: Amber Music
Media Agency: MEC
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Microsoft Hammers Google in Leaked Parody of a Chrome Ad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.