Yesterday afternoon, Twitter unveiled an insight-packed recap of the 2013 Video Music Awards’ performance on social media.
Overall, almost unbelievably, last year’s VMAs had a peak at 98,307 tweets per minute (TPM), whereas this year’s peaked at 306,100 TPM during Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke’s controversial performance.
The five peak TPM moments:
1. Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke perform: 306,100 TPM
2. JustinTimberlake medley (featuring NYSNC) concludes: 219,800 TPM
3. Drake performs “Started from the Bottom”: 194,500 TPM
4. Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech for Best Female Video: 189,300 TPM
5. Kanye West performs “Blood on the Leaves”: 181,200 TPM
The most-mentioned stars of the night (all headliners) were: Miley Cyrus, followed by Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Drake, and Kanye West.
Twitter captured the 2013 #VMAs in this video:
(Miley Cyrus photo via Facebook.com/MTV)