Timeline Movie Maker, a Facebook application created with marketing agency Definition 6, is now available for Facebook pages, giving brands the opportunity to create one-minute movies featuring their content with the strongest engagement.
Definition 6 said Timeline Movie Maker will search pages for content that has resulted in the most engagement, and then mold that content into a customized, one-minute movie.
Other improvements to the app were also announced, including:
- The addition of nine languages: Italian, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Mandarin, Brazilian, Portuguese, Turkish, and Russian.
- Enhanced editor capabilities for adding and replacing photos and videos.
- Updated text links allowing users or pages to share videos.
Facebook provided the following instructions for creating movies for pages on its News on Facebook page:
- Go to http://www.timelinemoviemaker.com/.
- Click “Make a movie for your Facebook page.”
- Authenticate with the application through standard Facebook authentication.
- A dialog will come up asking users to select which Facebook page they would like to make a movie for. Select the page and then click the blue “make movie” button.
- The movie will generate over the course of 30 to 60 seconds. It will play. Afterward, the administrator can select and replace different photos through the editor.
- Click “save changes.”
- The movie will replay, and then the admin can share the video to their page via the “share” button that appears on top of the video.
Definition 6 Chief Marketing Officer Chris Thornton said:
Timeline Movie Maker had such a positive impact on the Facebook community, we wanted to extend that experience to brands, providing further ways for brands to deepen their relationships and involve their community. Facebook has become more than just a platform — it’s a personal experience. Timeline Movie Maker for pages allows brands to connect with their community in a much more meaningful way, providing a communication tool that is entertaining, emotionally driven, and, ultimately, shareable.