Hiring this week in the social gaming industry dropped off sharply after two weeks that saw lots of movement and transition. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, eight companies hired 11 new employees. While most companies only hired one new person this week, Crowdstar, Playfish and Zynga bucked the trend with a pair of hires each. In addition to the reduced amount of hiring, there were also no significant or high profile hires to report this week.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Alejandro Leon, Artist – Two new hires at Crowdstar this week. First up is Leon, who moves from MSI Design where he was a freelance designer.
- Evan Montembeault, Software Engineer – Also joining the team is Montembeault, who begins his career with Crowdstar.
- Michael C. Tang, 2D Production Artist – Also making the list is GSN with a single hire this week. Tang was formerly an illustrator at the Audubon Society.
- Elizabeth Sampat, Game Designer – Sampat left RockYou two months ago and recently joined up with Loot Drop.
Correction: Loot Drop explains that Sampat’s move was in no way related to the recent major layoffs and restructuring at RockYou.
- Darko Pavlović, Software Development Engineer – Pavlović begins his career with Nordeus after finishing his studies at the University of Belgrade.
- Mustafa Özgür, Senior Engineer – Peak Games brings on Özgür, who was previously a Senior Engineer at Markapon.
- Sebastien Maisonneuve, Game Server Developer – Two hires at Playfish this week. First up is was Maisonneuve, a former programmeur à la librairie at DTI Software.
- Rodrigo Gutierrez, Server Engineer – Next up is Gutierrez, who was a software engineer at Electronic Arts.
- Jan Fiegel, Recruiting Manager – Wooga adds to its HR staff with the addition of Fiegel, who was previously a senior consultant at Michael Page International.
- Cooper Findley, Software Engineer – Zynga adds a pair of developers to its ranks this week. First up is Findley who moves up from his position as intern at the developer.
- Allan Zhang, Software Engineer – Also joining is Zhang who was previously a principle software engineer at Yahoo.