Facebook users who are part of the Facebook for Android Beta Testers program have a new toy to play with, as the social network released a new beta version of its Android application, with several added features.
The new features, as described in a post on the Facebook for Android Beta Testers group, are:
- Users can now save photos to their devices via the app’s photo viewer.
- The on-screen menu bar was removed from the bottom of the app for users who don’t have hardware menu buttons.
- Older notifications will automatically load when users scroll to the end of their recent notifications.
- An issue that caused blank spaces where users should have seen photos was addressed, as were other bugs.
- For users of the Home Android overlay, the status bar now shows up at the top of the lock screen by default.
Facebook cautioned its beta-testers that the features are being launched gradually, so they may not see all of the new features immediately upon installing the new beta version of the app.
Android users: What improvements would you like to see in Facebook’s app?