Heads up, college students, the unemployed, and those looking to trade their offline desk jobs for a career in social media: Lebron James is hiring an intern for online content development and digital sports marketing.
Here’s the deal with the internship:
What you need in order to be qualified:
– Available at least 10 hours a week
– Strong knowledge of basketball and technology trends
– Proficient with Word and Excel
– Familiarity with WordPress, Tumblr, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
– Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
– Must currently attend college or a four-year university (Editor’s note: might be able to convince them even if you’re past the late-teen-acne phase!)
– Resident of Ohio, South Florida, or New York
– Basic knowledge of XHTML/CSS
– Experience in journalism, marketing, or communications
– Basic knowledge of photography or videography
– Spanish fluency (Editor’s note: this one might be harder to fake.)
What you’d be doing:
– Maintaining basketball and technology industry dossiers
– Researching trends and advancements in technology and sports
– Assisting the content development team with LeBronJames.com
– Communicating and interacting with LeBron fans around the world
Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter, and a 500-word writing sample explaining why you’re the perfect fit to opportunities[at]lebronjames.com. The deadline is Tuesday, June 4 at 10 a.m.
Applicants granted interviews must provide documentation showing they are currently enrolled in school.
Editor’s note: Never mind, then.
Have you come across any other interesting social media opportunities for college students recently?