Thumbprize, the mobile marketing platform introduced earlier this month by Facebook application provider North Social, offered its insights on what works and what doesn’t when it comes to mobile marketing on the social network.
Things to avoid, according to Thumbprize:
- Promoted or standard Facebook posts, as two-third of users who view the posts will do so through mobile devices.
- Screens designed for viewing via desktops and reduced in size to fit mobile screens.
- Small buttons that users must choose between.
- Forcing users to log in to Facebook via mobile before accessing promotions.
- Much like the screens mentioned above, entry forms designed for viewing via desktops and reduced in size to fit mobile screens.
- Displaying a tiny gallery of friends while giving users the option to share.