Facebook users who are suddenly being blitzed with ping sounds when they receive notifications while accessing the social network via desktops — including several of our readers and yours truly — have the option of muting those sounds.
Here are the instructions on how to disable those sounds, via Facebook’s help center:
- Click the gear menu in the upper-right corner of any page on Facebook and select “account settings.”
- Click “notifications” in the left column.
- Find the “how you get notifications” section.
- Click “view” next to “on Facebook.”
- Uncheck the box next to “play a sound when each new notification is received.”
- Click “save changes.”
Readers: Have any of you noticed ping sounds recently while accessing Facebook via desktops?
Megaphone image courtesy of Shutterstock.