Facebook reported its best fiscal quarter to date, as the second quarter financial report showed that the company pulled in $1.813 billion in revenue with a net gain of $333 million.
Facebook saw revenue gains across the globe, as each major sector (US/Canada, Europe, Asia, rest of world) saw gains when compared to the first quarter 2013 and the second quarter 2012.
Other key numbers:
- Daily active users in June 2013: 699 million, an increase of 27 percent year-over-year.
- Monthly active users, as of June 30: 1.15 billion, an increase of 21 percent year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs, as of June 30: 819 million, an increase of 51 percent year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs, as of June 30: 469 million.
- Mobile-only MAUs: 219 million.
- Facebook pulled in $1.599 from advertising, its best total to date. Advertising represented 88 percent of total revenue (a 61 percent increase from the same quarter last year).
- Mobile advertising is now 41 percent of advertising revenue.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) operating margin was 31 percent for the second quarter, a definite increase over negative 63 percent at this time last year.
Images courtesy of Facebook.