With Black Friday just days away, mentions on Facebook containing words related to holiday shopping are up 160 percent compared with one month ago, while mentions of Christmas are up 157 percent, according to the social network.
Facebook also revealed the top 10 brands in terms of people talking about this, as well as 10 brands on the social network offering interesting applications or promotions.
The top 10 brands in terms of PTAT are:
And the 10 brands highlighted by the social network for their Black Friday efforts were:
- Fab.com: An exclusive Facebook offer for new members drops the price of the Beardo bendable mustache hat to $24 from $34.
- FedEx: Its Ship to Friends Facebook app allows users to ship packages directly from the FedEx Facebook page and share news of the shipments.
- Gap: The retailer teamed up with Postagram to allow Facebook users to send Facebook, Instagram, and mobile camera photos to friends as printed postcards.
- Kohl’s: The department store will donate $1 to Toys for Tots up to $500,000 for each new like from Nov. 23 through Dec. 24.
- Macy’s: The department store created a timeline app to allow users to learn about products and sales, create shopping lists, like and share items with friends, and share the fact that they have “shopped for” specific items.
- PetSmart: Facebook users who like the PetSmart page can vote on the top 10 holiday gifts for their pets.
- Samsung: The electronics manufacturer’s America’s Smartest Shoppers app allows users to test their “Shopper IQs,” share Black Friday deals, and enter to win product giveaways.
- Beyond the Rack: The Canadian flash deal site is posting Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals from brands including Steve Madden, Ugg, and KitchenAid. Beyond the Rack is also offering $10 off purchases exclusively for its Facebook fans.
- Red Stamp: Its new iOS app uses Facebook’s mobile software development kit to allow users to create custom greeting cards with messages and photos, post them to friends’ walls, or send them as Facebook messages.
- Tiny Prints: Facebook fans get 25 percent off holiday cards and address labels.
Readers: Are you ready for the holiday shopping season?
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.