Some users have been sending me e-mails about errors in the application tracker. I just wanted to let you know that I’m well aware of the issues and have been working on a resolution. Additionally, I’ve been building substantial upgrades which has led me to wait a few days before rolling out a solution. I have also built a few new products that we’ll be rolling out in the coming weeks.
The first priority is to make sure that the application stats are reliable. The second priority is to make sure you have as much access as possible to a robust set of data. Rest assured that I am working to roll out a much more robust solution and I’m really excited about it. Within the coming days I’ll be rolling out an upgraded version. Additionally, I’m excited about a couple new products that I’ll be rolling out in the next week or so.
I was going to roll these out sooner but my server has been having some issues handling the current load. That may have had something to do with what was previously a much less efficient application statistics tracker. Thankfully I’ve upgraded the code and I’m hoping that this will stop my server from crashing periodically! It has been a true test but I’ve learned a lot of programming tricks in the process of rebuilding the tool.
For those of you that have been contacting me about upgrades to our demographics tool, I am listening and will be rolling out some new things in the near future. I have a few other priorities before that and between developing the tools, writing on the blog, and working on some side projects, I am out of time! Regardless, I am working tirelessly to make sure this site is as robust a resources as possible for all things Facebook.
There are some massive upgrades and new products to be rolled out in the coming weeks so stay tuned! Thanks for your patience and ongoing support!