Maybe it’s not all bad news for AOL after all: MediaPost is reporting that AOL’s entertainment channels did exceptionally well in September, according to new data from comScore Media Metrix. Here are some numbers from the report (they’re for desktop visits, not mobile, but several of them offer mobile portals):
– AOL Music has been No. 1 in its category for the entire year, and the only music site with more than 20 million unique visitors each month;
– AOL’s BlackVoices has also been No. 1 in its the category for the entire year, and the only similar site with over 5 million unique visitors a month;
– AOL’s men’s lifestyle site Asylum.com is No. 1 in its category, surpassing 3 million uniques per month.
– AOL Television is ranked No. 1 in its category with over 13 million unique visitors last month.
– AOL’s Moviefone is ranked No. 2 in the category with over 14 million unique visitors last month.