Companies included in Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program have raised a total of $915.17 million in publicly disclosed funding, with nearly one-half of that amount going to advertising application-programming-interface vendors, according to research from “decision support system” AlphaBoost.
Facebook officially merged its Preferred Developer Consultant and Marketing API programs earlier this month to create the Preferred Marketing Developer program.
Here are some of the highlights from AlphaBoost’s research:
- First Round Capital and Battery Ventures were the most active of the top 10 overall venture-capital funds, as named by InvestorRank.
- In contrast, fellow top-10 funds Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Spark Capital, and Khosla Ventures were nowhere to be found.
- Advertising API vendors have raised more than $450 million to date, despite accounting for only 17.7 percent of PMDs.
- App developers, meanwhile, make up 77 percent of the list.
- The top three cities represented on Facebook’s PMD list were London, New York, and Paris.