Mornings just got a little more social on ABC, as “Good Morning America” introduced its #socialsquare, a digital expansion of its Times Square studio, describing it as “the new social nerve center” for the broadcast.
ABC said the “GMA” #socialsquare will incorporate elements from social networks, including:
- Google Plus Hangouts with viewers, including the display of some of their messages on the ABC Jumbotron in Times Square.
- A Twitter mirror, where celebrity guests can photobomb and mug for the camera.
- An Instagram video chat wall.
- A dynamic interactive photo wall displaying photos, videos, and poll results from viewers.
- The “social slot machine,” which reveals viewers’ answers to questions from Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.
- Streaming music from Spotify.
“GMA” Senior Executive Producer Tom Cibrowski said in a release announcing #socialsquare:
This will revolutionize how our show is produced in the morning, and it’s all about engaging directly with our viewers from beginning to end.
Readers: What do you think of the #socialsquare from “GMA?”
Photo by Ida Astute, ABC.