High engagement is one of the key reasons to include video in marketing campaigns. We’ve seen the impact of Facebook video offerings on engagement, and we know the video audience is key to long term success. An infographic from Subrat Kar, CEO and co-founder of Vidooly, offers five tips for increasing engagement.
Video length is one of the biggest deciding factors for engagement. Videos under one minute are watched to completion 80 percent of the time, while 2 to 3 minute clips have 60 percent retention and 5 to 10 minute videos are only completed 50 percent of the time. However, the average session length a user spends on YouTube has increased, and the average video watching time per day is 39 minutes. Users are ready to engage.
Kar’s tips include:
- Focus promotion on mobile viewers.
- Post and share at an appropriate time.
- Create videos that appeal to audience passions and align with channel identity.
- Increase shares and shelf life by embedding videos in emails.
- Collaborate with viewers and cultivate community.
For more details on these insights, check out the infographic below.