It was milestone Monday for Facebook, as 1 billion people used the social network in a single day for the first time ever.
We just passed an important milestone. For the first time ever, 1 billion people used Facebook in a single day.
On Monday, one in seven people on Earth used Facebook to connect with their friends and family.
When we talk about our financials, we use average numbers, but this is different. This was the first time we reached this milestone, and it’s just the beginning of connecting the whole world.
I’m so proud of our community for the progress we’ve made. Our community stands for giving every person a voice, for promoting understanding and for including everyone in the opportunities of our modern world.
A more open and connected world is a better world. It brings stronger relationships with those you love, a stronger economy with more opportunities and a stronger society that reflects all of our values.
Thank you for being part of our community and for everything you’ve done to help us reach this milestone. I’m looking forward to seeing what we accomplish together.
1,000,000,000 People, Together: Today, for the first time, 1 billion of us connected and had the potential to connect and share ideas, thoughts and dreams. And no matter where we were, or what we did, we all did it together. http://on.fb.me/1000000000
- Co-founder Dustin Moskovitz
- Content strategy manager Nicholas Arioli
- Director of product design Julie Zhuo
- Former product manager, games and monetization Jared Morgenstern
- Former principal product manager Ruchi Sanghvi
- Vice president of growth and analytics Naomi Gleit
- Former vp of product management Matt Cohler
- General Catalyst Partners venture partner Kevin Colleran
- Former engineer Chris Putnam
- Former engineering director Bob Trahan
This week, we passed a pretty major milestone: For the first time ever, 1 billion people visited Facebook in a single day. Dustin always used to say that this day would come, and that it would happen sooner than anyone thought. I will confess that I thought he was crazy at the time, or at least that his imagination was bigger than mine.
Readers: Did you think Facebook would ever reach 1 billion visitors in a single day?