The Dallas Cowboys are known as America’s Team, and according to social marketing firm Unmetric, they were Facebook’s team, as well, during weeks four through six of the National Football League season.
Unmetric analyzed all of the NFL teams on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from Sept. 27 through Oct. 16 using its cross-channel reports, and its findings included:
- The Cowboys had the largest audience, highest engagement, most likes, most comments and three most engaging posts on Facebook.
- The Minnesota Vikings posted the highest growth on Facebook during the period.
- The New England Patriots led Twitter in audience size, while the Atlanta Falcons posted the most growth and the Cowboys were the most engaged.
- As for Instagram, the Patriots led in audience size, while the Vikings showed the most growth and the engagement crown went to the Patriots.
- The Denver Broncos created the most Facebook posts.
- The Detroit Lions tweeted the most, while the Cowboys drew the most likes on Twitter and the Baltimore Ravens were tops in comments.
- The Falcons were behind the most Instagram posts, while the Patriots earned the most likes and the New York Giants generated the most comments.
Readers: How is your favorite NFL team faring?
Image of Dallas Cowboys helmet courtesy of dean bertoncelj/Shutterstock.