Did you know that more Americans have Facebook accounts than have passports?
Yup, half of all Americans socialize with friends and family through Facebook, but only 37 percent of people in the U.S own a passport.
So says Tripl in an infographic we’ve reproduced beneath this post. Other highlights from this rendering include:
- 72 percent of social network users access their social networking sites on a daily basis while traveling (though only 7 percent use mobile Internet while traveling)
- One million passengers will board flights that have Gogo Wi-Fi this year
- 69 percent of travel companies have seen traffic growth from Facebook
- 46 percent of travel companies have seen traffic growth from Twitter
- The top five airlines have a total of over 2.5 million Facebook fans (Southwest, United Airlines, Lufthansa, American Airlines and Delta Airlines)
Learn more in the infographic below and let us know in the comments section which data points resonate with you the most.