North Social provides a platform of applications to create and manage custom Facebook fan Pages.
The platform is designed to help companies with fan growth, promotions, brand building, e-commerce, social sampling, content distribution and other goals.
After the jump — what you need to know about North Social.
Ways the product benefits social media campaigns
North Social’s “application buffet” enables businesses and brands to create custom Pages and fan experiences.
Each app is template driven and includes a content management system to upload images, links and text to create brand messages and promotional campaigns without writing code.
- Fan-Gating — The fan-gating option entices new visitors to “like” a brand Page before they can interact with apps to drive up fan count.
- Share Management — Apps include the ability to customize the image and messaging that gets posted to a user’s wall when they share a Page.
- E-Commerce Apps — Provides a mini-store within a brand Page, displaying product images, descriptions and a linkable “Buy Now” button.
- Social CRM — This extension embeds a customizable info-capture form inside a Facebook Page, to help grow subscriber lists and send emails with tracking of clicks, opens, deletes and forwards.
- Social Commenting — North Social apps have optional commenting boxes to encourage chatter around content for the purpose of driving additional awareness and traffic to the Page.
Brands of all sizes who want to maximize their social media marketing efforts. North Social is also for designers, consultants and agencies that want serve their client base.
“North Social apps enabled H.K. Anderson to activate a high impact product sampling program that quite honestly would’ve taken months to plan and execute. Our custom Facebook Page now allows us to reach and connect more efficiently with key consumers.” — Steve Robinson, Director of Business Development, H.K. Anderson
In February 2011, North Social was acquired by Vocus Corporation.
North Social is priced as an “all you can eat” monthly subscription for 18+ apps for one Facebook Page. Five plans range from a $19.99/month starter plan for small businesses to a $149.99/month multi-Page plan for agencies and global brands. Also offered are enterprise plans, which include dedicated support, flexible billing and volume pricing discounts.
Compared to competition
According to the company, “Contrary to popular belief, creating and launching a high impact custom Facebook Page doesn’t require a Madison Avenue ad agency or budget, an army of software developers, and soliciting 24/7 advice from every so-called social media expert with a Twitter handle. Say hello to North Social, we put 18+ apps into an affordable app buffet and started helping brands quickly get more out of their presence on Facebook. Today hundreds of thousands of installed North Social apps are helping thousands of businesses (big and small) grow their fan base, push out promotions, distribute exclusive content, showcase their products and services, and of course, scare the hell out of their competition.”
Our “What You Should Know” series of application profiles has been helping brands and agencies select the most appropriate tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their campaigns. Need help measuring or monetizing your social media activities? Check out dozens of additional apps in the series archives – one is bound to come to your rescue!
Neil Glassman is principal marketing strategist at WhizBangPowWow, where he delivers malarky-free social, digital and linear media solutions. Join his conversation on Twitter or email Neil to talk about marketing or swap recipes.