Today’s free eBook download is Rethinking the Internet of Things, a guide for developers who are working with mobile or connected devices. Written by Francis daCosta, Rethinking is perfect for “leaders, executives, architectural, standards and development leaders in the evolving IoT industry.” Whether you’re working on appliances or wearables, this book on software architecture will be helpful.
In the coming decade, billions of simple devices must be connected to the emerging Internet of Things. Today’s networking protocols are too expensive and inefficient for this task. This book describes a simpler and scalable architecture that will be used to create “big data” from billions of “small data” points in the Internet of Things.
What you’ll learn:
- Discusses the difference between the “normal” Internet and the Internet of Things.
- Describes a new architecture and its components in the “chirp” context.
- Explains the shortcomings of IP for IoT.
- Describes the anatomy of the IoT.
- Describes how to build a suitable network to maximize the amazing potential of the IoT.
Rethinking the Internet of Things is available as a free Kindle download from Apress.com. For more free eBooks, check out our 10 Websites to Download Free eBooks list, as well as our Free eBook of the Day archive.