Hiring this week in the social gaming space kept up with the pace it set last week. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, nine companies hired 21 new employees. Canadian developer East Side Games lead the way with five hires and three promotions. High profile hires this week included Arkadium’s addition of Jean-Guy Niquet as the director of their new Canadian studio and King.com’s scoop of former Gamelab president Jong Woo, who joins the company as senior business development director.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Jean-Guy Niquet, Director – This week’s first hire is also one of the highest profile ones. Arkadium is expanding to Canada, and has brought on Niquet as the director of its new Toronto studio. Niquet was most recently the director of new media at InViVo Communications.
- Akif Bugday, Junior Server Programmer – A single hire for Digital Chocolate this week. Bugday was previously an intern at Siemens.
- Aaron Lake, Senior Software Engineer – As part of a ramp-up for their new Facebook game Zombinis, Vancouver, BC based East Side Games announced 5 hires and 3 promotions this week. Lake previously worked at RevenueWire as a Sr. platform developer.
- Tracy Luo, Front End Software Engineer – Luo was formerly a Sr. software developer at VideoClix.
- Nathan Hessman, Jr Designer – Hessman was formerly the lead sound designer for Sketch Quest as a student at VFS.
- Jeff Chong, Lead QA – Chong moves from Next Level Games, where was gameplay QA.
- Steve Faccin, Web Developer – Faccin jumps to East Side Games from Interface Media Group.
- Tayber Mark, Assistant Producer – Switching gears now to promotions we have Mark, who moves up in from his former role as associate producer at East Side Games.
- Michael Nathe, Sr. Server Side Software Engineer – Nathe was previously a server side software engineer.
- Will Chan, Sr. Software Engineer – And finally Chan, who was previously a software engineer.
- Mohammed Al-Sahaf, Economist – A single hire for 5th Planet Games, who bring aboard Al-Sahaf, who was formerly a programmer at Untold Entertainment.
- Jack Chang, Concept Artist – Two hires for Funzio this week. First up is Chang, who moves from a position at Pixar as a sketch artist.
- Sajjad Tabib, Android Software Engineer – Tabib was previously the staff software engineer at Broadcom.
- Jong Woo, Senior Business Development Director – Former Gamelab president Jong Woo’s switch to King.com is this week’s other high profile move. Jong will be working out of King.com’s brand-new San Francisco office as the company’s senior business development director.
- Neil Bott, Senior Animator – A trio of hires and promotions this week at SoshiGames. Bott moves from his job at Hollywood Gaming to work on SociGames’ soon to be released social music MMO.
- Aarondeep Somal, Junior Game Programmer – Somal moves up from his former position as an intern at SoshiGames.
- Nathan Hestor, Junior Game Programmer – Hestor was also promoted to full time status after completing an internship with SoshiGames.
- Carly Pocock, Community Analyst – Two new faces are on Vostu’s team this week. Pocock was previously the communication and content manager at Educaedu.
- Joaquin Zamora Ubilla, Game Designer – Ubilla makes the jump from Amnesia games, where he was also a game designer.
- Margaret Carey, Accounting Manager Europe – Finally Zynga also hires two new team members. Carey was formerly the assistant finance manager at Henderson Global Investors.
- Matt Hirengen, Artist – Hirengen was previously a senior animator/concept artist at Page 44 Studios.